Non-licenced Asbestos Removal
What is the Non-Licenced Asbestos Removal Training Course?
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 includes the requirement for training employees who work or disturb asbestos, referred to as non-licensable asbestos work or minor works. Persons requiring this type of training would include those whose work will knowingly disturb ACMs, such as plumbers, carpenters, electricians, maintenance and demolition workers.
The course will help you understand where Asbestos may be in a building and how to work safely. The Non-licensed Asbestos Removal Course will help you understand what action to take when Asbestos is found.
Employers must make sure workers, who could disturb Asbestos, are given information and training on Asbestos, that would allow them to work safely, without risk to themselves or others.
What will I learn?
The Non-licenced Asbestos Removal will give workers and supervisors the information and training needed to avoid work that may disturb Asbestos. This can include disturbing the walls, floors, and roofs of a building or any other item that may contain Asbestos.
- Demonstrations / Practical Training of the works tasks identified
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment, particularly Respiratory Personal Equipment
- Use of control techniques / safe methods of working
What’s included in the price?
The price includes all equipment, Registration and Certification, refreshments throughout the course, and course manuals to keep.
For more information on Asbestos from the HSE can be found HERE
Book a Course
- The History of Asbestos, uses, properties
- Health Hazards and risks
- Recognition of Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM’s)
- Where Asbestos may be found
- Control Limits
- PPE & RPE
- Emergency Decontamination Procedures