SMAS Health & Safety Accreditation (Safety Schemes in Procurement)
Join the UK’s SSIP Scheme of choice and attain a Health & Safety certificate recognised by thousands of organisations
Cornwall Training Health & Safety & SMAS Worksafe have partnered up to offer contractors to demonstrate their health & safety compliance to clients and meet construction and related industries’ pre qualification requirements.
No matter the size of the business, SMAS has enabled thousands of contractors to show their commitment to workplace safety, secure work with trusted organisations through our SSIP assessment, and lead the way in workplace safety regulation and compliance.
Let Cornwall Training & Consultancy take the headache of gaining your SMAS Health & Safety Accreditation. We can support you at different levels depending on your needs.
SMAS Worksafe are one of many SSIP member schemes and are experts in workplace safety management. We pride ourselves on our unrivalled in-house support and speedy turnaround times, (pending all paperwork is compliant)
What are the SSIP core criteria?
To gain your certificate your business must be able to show that you meet the core criteria. All SSIP member schemes will require this information from you and below you can see a breakdown of what areas you will need to meet.
- Health & Safety policy and organisation for Health & Safety
- Competent advice – corporate and construction-related
- Training and information
- Individual qualifications and experience
- Monitoring, audit, and review
- Workforce involvement
- Accident reporting and enforcement action; follow up investigation
- Sub-contracting /consulting procedures (if applicable)
- Risk assessment leading to a safe system of work
- Co-operating with others and coordinating your work with that of other contractors
- Welfare provision
Additional Construction Sector Criteria:
- Hazard elimination and risk control (Designers & Principal Designers only)
- Principal Designer duties (Principal Designers only)
- Supplementary Construction Industry Criteria (alignment with Common Assessment Standard)
As partners with SMAS we can offer reduced rates for the certification, so get in touch today to start your SMAS approval.