What will I learn?
The FREC 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care is a 5-day course and is for those seeking a career in the emergency services, ambulance services, the event medical sector or those who work in high-risk workplaces.
Successful learners will gain the knowledge, skills, and competencies needed to be able to deal with a wide range of Pre-Hospital Care Emergencies. Such as
- Initial patient assessment
- Physiological observations
- Anatomy and physiology
- Heart disease
- Electrocardiogram application and monitoring
- Managing a patient’s airway, Supraglottic airways
- Medical gases, dosages, and administration
More of what will I learn?
- Thoracic trauma
- Maternity care
- Respiratory disorders and infections
- Mechanisms of injury and kinetics
- Full body and limb immobilisation
- Sexual assault
- Major Incidents
- Psychosocial development in children
- Emergency care for sick and injured children
- Mental health crisis
- Assisting the clinician with clinical interventions
Once you have successfully completed the course, (which is not guaranteed), we will offer paid work on our event medical team CTC Medical Services
Learners must have successfully completed the QA Level 3 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care. You will also need to provide continuing professional development (CPD) profile containing evidence of 118hrs study and/or contextualised practice before you can begin the QA Level 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (RQF) qualification. A copy of the form can be found HERE. You must supply a copy of the completed form prior to the start of the course