What will I learn?
Main causes of work-related accidents and ill-health
Costs of work-related accidents and ill health to employers, employees and society
Health and safety responsibilities of employers and employees
Provisions for risk assessment contained in key legislation
Enforcement of health and safety laws, including penalties for non-compliance
Principles involved in risk assessment:
• Defining risk assessment
• Competencies required of a risk assessor
• Sources of information and advice for carrying out workplace risk assessments
• Stages of risk assessment
• Requirements for recording, monitoring, reviewing and revising workplace risk assessments
How accident and ill-health records can be used to target hazards and control the level of risk factors that can affect the level of risks in the workplace:
You will Also learn
Identifying hazards in different work environments
Identifying those at risk
Control measures for different workplace hazards
Suitability of control measures to:
• Prevent exposure to hazards altogether
• Reduce health and safety consequences
• Effectively control an emergency situation relating to health and safety hazards
Applying knowledge when completing a risk assessment for an identified workplace:
• Collecting relevant information
• Analysing the level of risk and who may be exposed
• Making suitable recommendations
• Recording and communicating findings effectively
What’s included in the price?
The price includes all equipment, Registration and Certification, refreshments throughout the course, and course materials to keep.
Cornwall Training offers a range of Health & Safety training courses to suit the needs of any business. Fire safety, Fire Wardens, Manual Handling, COSHH and general Health & Safety. As a development route for Health & Safety Training, we offer a range of IOSH courses.
For information from the HSE check out their website
Did you know we can offer a range of Elearning options for businesses? Click on E-Learning to see what courses are on offer