SIA Door Supervisor
SIA Door Supervisor – Working as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry
7 Day Course including a Regulated First Aid Course
Certificate valid for 5 years
This regulated SIA Door Supervisor qualification is designed for those wanting to work in the security industry as a Door Supervisor or security officer. If successfully achieved, it allows them to meet their mandatory requirements for a door supervisor’s license. It is based on the relevant SIA specification for learning and qualifications, and subjects covered include understanding relevant counter-terrorism issues, queue management, and physical intervention.
How long will it take?
To complete this SIA Door Supervisor qualification learners are expected to undertake approximately 61 hours of learning over 7 days. This will include the first aid requirement.
- characteristics of the Private Security Industry,
- the importance of safe working practices,
- drug-misuse legislation,
- issues and procedures relevant to the role of a door supervisor,
- licensing law,
- queue management,
- how to recognize, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations,
- problem-solving techniques when resolving conflict,
- physical interventions and the implications of their use
- non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others.
This qualification is assessed by practical assessments and multiple-choice examinations.
Unit 1: Working in the Private Security Industry
Unit 2: Working as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry
Unit 3: Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry
Unit 4: Physical Intervention Skills within the Private Security Industry
If you already hold a license and need to renew and complete the top-up course then visit the page for TOP-UP Training
For more information from the SIA please visit their website at SIA