How long will it take?
To complete this SIA Door Supervisor qualification learners are expected to undertake approximately 44 hours of learning over 8 days. This will include the first aid requirement.
- characteristics of the Private Security Industry,
- the importance of safe working practices,
- drug-misuse legislation,
- issues and procedures relevant to the role of a door supervisor,
- licensing law,
- queue management,
- how to recognize, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations,
- problem-solving techniques when resolving conflict,
- physical interventions and the implications of their use
- non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others.
This qualification is assessed by practical assessments and multiple-choice examinations.
Unit 1: Working in the Private Security Industry
Unit 2: Working as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry
Unit 3: Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry
Unit 4: Physical Intervention Skills within the Private Security Industry
Please ensure you have the correct ID documents prior to booking the course, as failure to provide the documentation on the course will prevent you from starting the course. This includes the up-to-date address on all documents, so they match.
The full ID list can be found HERE
If you already hold a license and need to renew and complete the top-up course then visit the page for TOP-UP Training
For more information from the SIA please visit their website at SIA