Paediatric First Aid
Paediatric First Aid E-learning
It is estimated that over 600,000 of us will suffer a non-fatal accident at work every year. The competent and timely administration of first aid can make a huge difference for both the injured employee and the business.
The Paediatric Emergency First aid E-learning course gives learners the opportunity to undertake online first-aid training
Paediatric First aid E-learning is great for reinforcing competency and refresher training. This course does not cover the practical elements so is not a substitute for the full First aid qualification.
- Roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first-aider
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Providing first aid to an infant or child who is unresponsive, choking or has external bleeding
- Providing first aid to an infant or a child with a suspected bone fracture or dislocation; head, neck or back injury
- An infant or a child with a condition that affects the ears, eyes and nose; burns or scalds; an acute medical condition or sudden illness; a minor injury; shock
- An infant or a child experiencing the effects of extreme heat or cold
- An infant or child who has sustained an electric shock or been poisoned
- Providing first aid to an infant or child with anaphylaxis
Who is it aimed at?
The course is ideal for any employee or manager who wishes to refresh your first aid knowledge.
No prior knowledge needed
3 – 4 hours
How It Works
Our e-learning is available to use on multiple platforms such as tablets, PCs and laptops. All you need is an internet connection. Learners simply log on to the Highfield Learner Management System (LMS) and work their way through the course, along with the scenarios that provide them with real-life context.
Learners are assessed at the end of the course by multiple-choice questions.
For our full Face to Face training courses with regulated qualifications can be found HERE