Food Safety Level 2
Food Safety Level 2
- Meets the UK’s mandatory training requirement for food handlers
- Covers the key syllabus of RQF level 2 food safety in manufacturing qualifications
- CPD-accredited training
- Self-paced study hosted online
- Compatible with desktop, laptop and tablet devices
- Accessible with features including audio voiceover and transcript
- PDF certificate available immediately on completion
- Accredited by Highfield Qualifications, the UK’s leading provider of regulated food safety qualifications
- Approximate duration: 4 to 5 hours
Food businesses are placed under a legal obligation to provide food hygiene training for their staff to a level ‘commensurate to their work activities’.
This Food Safety Level 2 training course is ideal for food handlers who work in a catering environment. Including restaurants, cafes, hotels, bars, fast-food outlets, takeaways, mobile food trucks, kitchens, hospitals, schools and colleges.
Public confidence in terms of food safety is a major concern for any business in the food sector.
Increasing public, media and legislative scrutiny mean food businesses must get it right the first time, every time.
This online food safety training course helps ensure your staff understand their role in maintaining food safety.
- Introduction to food safety
- Microbiological hazards
- Food poisoning and its control
- Contamination hazards and controls
- HACCP from delivery to service
- Personal hygiene
- Food premises and equipment
- Food pests and pest control
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Food safety enforcement
Why choose this course?
This food safety training course is suitable for those working in a catering environment who are responsible for handling food.
Our courses simplify even the most complex of subjects through media and content-rich exercises that motivate and engage learners. Our Food Safety Level 2 course is packed with:
- interactive exercises/gaming
- media-rich content
- interactive 3D scenarios
- content provided by market-leading experts
- relevant photography and illustrations
- multi-generational content and style
It is recognised by environmental health officers and local authorities as meeting the legal obligations for the training of food handlers.
But this course isn’t just a box-ticking exercise!
At Highfield, we’re committed to improving standards of food hygiene. We produce courses that improve knowledge and, when the knowledge acquired from the course is implemented, will lead to improved levels of food hygiene in your business.
Will my certificate be accepted by environmental health officers?
On successful completion of this online food safety training, you will receive a certificate of completion from Highfield e-learning.
This level 2 food safety certificate is the equivalent of the old basic food hygiene certificate.
The certificate is accepted by many EHOs as evidence that you have been trained to the appropriate level.
This e-learning course is a Highfield Qualifications accredited programme.
This e-learning course is CPD accredited. Completion of this course after 5 February 2019 entitles the learner to 9 CPD points.
The course will typically take 4-5 hours to complete, however as this food safety training is hosted online, learners can complete each module at a time and pace to suit them.
Our LMS provides comprehensive reports, including progress reports, so that trainers or managers can ensure the course is completed to suit training or business needs.
There are no prerequisites to study this course, though a basic understanding of principles of food safety will be beneficial.
Test and certification
The course is assessed by multiple-choice questions at the end of the course. Learners must score 100% in order to pass.
If the learner does not achieve 100% first time, they will be taken back to review the module with which they have struggled. They can then retry the multiple-choice questions as many times as necessary to pass the course.
If you are looking for Face to Face training then click HERE for other Hospitality Courses