An Introduction to Allergens at a glance
- Meets the entry requirements for Allergy UK’s Allergy Aware Scheme
- Accredited by Allergy UK
- Self-paced study hosted online
- Compatible with desktop, laptop and tablet devices
- Accessible with features including audio voiceover and transcript
- PDF certificate available immediately on completion
- Accredited by Highfield Qualifications, the UK’s Awarding Organisation of the Year 2018
- Approximate duration: 1 to 2 hours
Food allergies and intolerances are at the top of many food businesses watch lists, and yet it seems the latest high-profile allergen cases are never far from news headlines.
It is important that anyone working in the food industry is aware of allergens and the steps that should be taken to effectively manage and control the risk of allergens.
This food allergy awareness training course is designed to provide food handlers, or those with responsibility for managing food handlers, with an awareness around the controls and legal responsibilities when it comes to the 14 regulated allergens.
Food businesses have a legal responsibility to ensure that the food they manufacture, produce, sell or serve is safe for the consumer to eat.
The course is accredited by Allergy UK and meets all entry requirements for recognition on their Allergy Aware Scheme.
- Introduction to food allergens
- Allergies, intolerances and coeliac disease
- Symptoms of allergic reactions and how to respond
- Allergens legislation
- Food labelling requirements
- The 14 regulated allergens
- ‘Free from’ claims
- Managing allergens from purchase to service
- Providing allergen information to customers
Why should I choose this course?
Highfield e-learning’s Introduction to Allergens training course is suitable for food handlers and managers working with food types. From production and manufacturing through to the sale and serving of food, the course will provide an awareness of best practice when it comes to allergens and their control.
It also meets the entry requirements for catering businesses looking to join the Allergy Aware Scheme run by Allergy UK.
Our courses simplify even the most complex of subjects through media and content-rich exercises that motivate and engage learners. Our Introduction to Allergens course is packed with:
- interactive exercises/gaming
- media-rich content
- interactive 3D scenarios
- content provided by market leading experts
- relevant photography and illustrations
- multi-generational content and style
At Highfield, we’re committed to improving standards of food hygiene and safety. We produce courses that improve knowledge and, when the knowledge acquired from the course is implemented, will lead to improved levels of food hygiene, including mitigating the risks posed by allergens.
This e-learning course is a Highfield Qualifications accredited programme.
The course is also accredited by Allergy UK. Allergy UK is the leading national charity providing support, advice and information for those living with allergic disease. Allergy UK also runs the Allergy Aware Scheme, an opportunity for catering outlets to demonstrate their commitment to safeguarding those with food allergies.
The course will typically take 2 to 3 hours to complete, however as this allergy training is hosted online, learners can complete each module at a time and pace to suit them.
Our LMS provides comprehensive reports, including progress reports, so that trainers or managers can ensure the course is completed to suit training or business needs.
There are no prerequisites to study this course.
Test and certification
The course is assessed by multiple-choice questions at the end of the course. Learners must score 100% in order to pass.
If the learner does not achieve 100% first time, they will be taken back to review the module with which they have struggled. They can then retry the multiple-choice questions as many times as necessary to pass the course.
For face to face Classroom training please click HERE