Principles of Infection Prevention and Control
The objective of the qualification is to benefit Learners so they will understand the principles and purpose of
infection prevention and control and how they impact on the Learner’s role and their organisation.
The purpose of this QA Level 2 Award in the Principles of Infection Prevention and Control (RQF) is for the
Learner to develop the skills and knowledge of infection prevention and control.
This qualification is for people who have a responsibility for infection prevention and control within their job
role, for e.g. within the NHS or other healthcare environments.
• Importance of infection prevention and control
• Roles and responsibilities
• Policies and procedures for infection
• prevention and control within
• organisations, including:
• Codes of practice
• Minimising the risk of infection in a Health
• Care setting
• Personal protective equipment (PPE)
• Personal hygiene
• Hand washing procedures
This half day course is just £55 + vat pp and includes all equipment, manuals, registration and certification.