Level 2 Award
Moving People Safely
2 Day Course
Refresher training recommended every 3 years
recommended every 3 years
Moving People Safely Course
Safe Moving of People
Did you know that the Health and Social Care sector had the highest number of reported handling injuries in 2013/14?
What will you Learn?
The QA Level 2 Award in Moving People Safely (QCF) is a nationally recognised qualification for those who work, or intend to work, in a role that involves assisting and moving people. It is the ideal course for those working in a variety of health and social care environments such as care homes.
Successful Learners will learn the key principles of Safe Handling and how to apply these in their workplace. They will also practise a range of techniques, making sure that they leave the course confident in the Safe Moving and Handling of People.
How long is the Course?
The Moving People Safely course is a 1 day course giving the Learner a clear understanding of how to move people safely. The course will allow for the opportunity to practice and apply these skills in a variety of situations, both individually and as a team, while preserving the dignity and health and safety of care.
What’s included in the price?
The price includes all equipment, Registration and Certification, refreshments throughout the course, and course manuals to keep.
We can offer courses at our training centre here in St Austell. If you have a suitable venue we come to you. Therefore reducing training costs by no travel costs for your employees.
We offer a full range of Health & Safety Training courses for all businesses. For more information click HERE
- Common Manual Handling injuries
- Responsibilities of employers and employees
- Manual Handling and the Law
- Risk Assessments and Risk Control hierarchy
- Potential impact to a person if moved incorrectly
- Personal handling plans
- Ways to preserve dignity, health and safety when moving a person
- Manual Handling and the Musculoskeletal System
- Key movement principles when moving a person
- Unsafe manoeuvres
- Aids and equipment used to move people and objects
- Types of aids and equipment
- Maintenance and requirements for testing
- Solo moving of people and objects
- Team moving of people and objects