First Response Emergency Care Level 4
FREC First Response Emergency Care Level 4
This OFqual regulated qualification is the ideal foundation for the candidate working toward a career as a registered healthcare professional and is the logical next step following completion of the level 3 qualification.
Successful completion of this course will provide the knowledge and practical competencies required to deal with a wide range of pre-hospital care emergencies. These might include: major incidents, fracture immobilisation, sick and injured children, and situations arising from mental health problems, to name a few.
Meeting all the criteria set out in the Pre-Hospital Emergency Medicine (PHEM) skills framework at descriptor level E, the course will cover the following units:
- Unit 1 First Response Emergency Care Assessment Skills and Medical Gases
- Unit 2 First Response Emergency Care Trauma Life Support
- Unit 3 First Response Emergency Care and Assisting Advanced Procedures
- Practical assessments/skills tests – observed by the Trainer throughout the course, with the results of each learning outcome recorded on the practical assessment paperwork
- Three workbooks that will be completed in the evenings of the course
Topics covered include:
- Initial patient assessment
- Physiological measures
- Anatomy and physiology
- Heart disease
- Electrocardiogram application and monitoring
- Managing a patient’s airway – supraglottic airways
- Medical gases – including dosages and administration
- Thoracic trauma
- Mechanism of injury and kinetics
- Full body and limb immobilisation
- Management of suspected or actual cases of sexual assault
- Psychosocial development in children
- Emergency care for sick and injured children
- Dealing with a patient displaying signs of mental health problems
- Assisting with advanced airway management, vascular access and infusion
The cost for this 5 day course is just £495 + vat per person and includes all training equipment, registration and certification.
To book, or for more information, please use the ‘contact us’ tab at the top of the page or call us on 01726 932293.