First Response Emergency Care Level 4
FREC First Response Emergency Care Level 4
As the next step for those who have completed the QA Level 3 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (QCF) or equivalent, this qualification is ideal for those looking to progress their career in the emergency services, ambulance services, event medical sector and high risk workplaces.
Successful candidates will gain the knowledge, skills and competencies needed to be able to deal with a wide range of prehospital care emergencies, such as: major incidents, fracture immobilisation, sick and injured children, mental health problems and more.
Fulfilling the competencies set out in the Pre-hospital Emergency Medicine (PHEM) skills framework at descriptor level E, this Ofqual regulated qualification is the ideal foundation for those who are progressing in education to become a registered healthcare professional.
- Unit 1 First Response Emergency Care Assessment Skills and Medical Gases
- Unit 2 First Response Emergency Care Trauma Life Support
- Unit 3 First Response Emergency Care and Assisting Advanced Procedures
- Practical assessments/skills tests – observed by the Trainer throughout the course, with the results of each learning outcome recorded on the practical assessment paperwork
- Three workbooks that will be completed in the evenings of the course