First Response Emergency Care Level 3
FREC First Response Emergency Care Level 3
Successful candidates will acquire the knowledge and practical competencies that will enable them to deal with a wide range of pre-hospital emergency situations.
This FREC course is approved by the SIA for those working in the Security and Close Protection (CP) industries. It is also suitable for candidates who have specific responsibilities at work or those involved in voluntary and community activities.
The full course is run over 5 days and is suitable for learners with no previous qualification in first aid.
For candidates with prior qualifications, i.e. FPOSI, a 3 day up-skill course is available. Please call to discuss the entry route best suited to your requirements.
The Level 3 award is divided into three units, each of which must be completed and passed before certification.
- Unit 1 First Response Emergency Care
- Unit 2 First Response Emergency care in Trauma
- Unit 3 First Response Emergency Care in Medical Conditions
- Practical assessments/skills tests – conducted and observed by the Trainer throughout the course, with results recorded on the practical assessment paperwork
Topics covered include:
- Roles and responsibilities of a first responder
- Medical emergencies
- Patient assessment
- Airway management
- Adult, child and infant CPR & AED usage
- Emergency oxygen
- Traumatic injuries
- Catastrophic bleeding
- Poisoning and intoxicating substances
- External and internal bleeding
- Helmet removal
- Cervical collars and pelvic splints
- Environmental exposure
- Burns and scalds
- Minor injuries
- Incident reporting
The cost for this 5 day course is just £495 + vat per person and includes all training equipment, registration and certification.
To book, or for more information, please use the ‘contact us’ tab at the top of the page or call us on 01726 932293.