Why do you need to comply with the law?
The key requirements of the Act are that food must comply with food safety regulations; must be “of the nature, substance and quality demanded”, and must be correctly described (labelled).
Under the terms of the Act the main responsibilities for all food businesses are:
- To ensure you do not include anything in food, remove anything from food, or treat food in any way that would be damaging to the health of the consumer.
- To ensure that the food you serve, or sell is of the nature, substance, or quality expected by consumers.
- To ensure that the labelling, advertising and presentation of food is not false or misleading.
There are numerous penalties for failing to comply with the law, which include;
- Fines of up to £20,000 per breach
- Prison sentences of up to 2 years
- The Disqualification of licences and directors
- Damaged to reputation and consequent loss of business.
What We Can Do For You
Our professional and reliable catering consultancy service is designed to ensure that you are fully compliant with Food Safety legislation. Each of our services and products will be tailored to the specific needs of your business. We pride ourselves on the speed of our service and will complete all relevant documentation with you within 24 hours and provide round the clock support thereafter, wherever it may be needed.
- Audit all of your current paperwork
- COSHH risk assessment and/or chemical data sheets
- Telephone and email support
- One-2-one coaching
- Training packages
- Licencing advice and guidance
- Quarterly audits
- Mystery diner
- Personalised food safety management system creation and set up
- Help to implement and understand your management system
- Liaise with Environmental health
- Help to improve your food hygiene rating