Why do you need to comply with the law?
The key requirements of the Act are that food must comply with food safety requirements, must be “of the nature, substance and quality demanded”, and must be correctly described (labelled).
The main responsibilities for all food businesses under the Act are:
- To ensure you do not include anything in food, remove anything from food or treat food in any way which means it would be damaging to the health of people eating it
- To ensure that the food you serve or sell is of the nature, substance or quality which consumers would expect
- To ensure that the food is labelled, advertised and presented in a way that is not false or misleading
There are numerous penalties for failing to comply with the law, including;
- Up to £20,000 fines per breach
- Prison sentences of up to 2 years
- Disqualifications of licences and directors
- A damaged reputation, which sometimes is the worst punishment of all!
So what do we do for you?
Our professional and reliable catering consultancy service is designed to ensure that you are fully compliant with Food safety legislation. All of our services and products will be tailored to your business’ needs. Unlike other consultancy services, we will complete all relevant documentation with you and provide 24 hour support whenever and wherever it is needed. All our services are cost effective.
- Audit all of your current paperwork
- COSHH risk assessment and/or chemical data sheets
- Telephone and email support
- One-2-one coaching
- Training packages
- Licencing advice and guidance
- Quarterly audits
- Mystery diner
- Personalised food safety management system creation and set up
- Help to implement and understand your management system
- Liaise with Environmental health
- Help to improve your food hygiene rating