Administering Emergency Medical Gases
The objective of the qualification is to benefit Learners through making sure they are competent to carry out their role and responsibilities, in line with agreed ways of working when administering emergency medical gases.
The purpose of the QA Level 3 Award in Administering Emergency Medical Gases (RQF) is qualification purpose E. Updating and Continuing Professional Development (CPD), sub-purpose E3. Develop knowledge and/or skills relevant to a particular specialisation within an occupation or set of occupations.
This QA qualification is for people who have a specific responsibility to be able to safely administer and monitor the effects of emergency medical gases within their scope of practice in a prehospital environment.
This includes (but is not limited to) the following roles/personnel:
• A first aider operating in a high risk workplace such as in welding, flame cutting and similar processes;
• For helping people with breathing difficulties;
• In hyperbaric chambers as a medical treatment;
• For food preservation and packaging;
• In steelworks and chemical plants
• Ambulance responders
• Fire service
• Event medics
• Cabin Crew
• Emergency service crews
• Administering oxygen in an emergency
• Be able to administer oxygen in an emergency
• Understand use of a combination of nitrous oxide 50% and oxygen 50%
• Be able to administer 50:50 mixture of nitrous oxide and oxygen in an emergency
This Half day course is just £55 + vat pp which included all training equipment, live gasses, registration and certification.